Hi. Here are a few things about me:
- From/ based in Baltimore but have been to 49/ 50 states and a ton of other places.
- It’s Hawaii. That’s the one needed for the complete set.
- Almost 25 years of experience - documentary/ portrait work - been a staffer at newspapers and a freelancer.
- I’ve served in the Army as a combat photographer.
- Have won a few fancy pants awards for my work.
- I also hold a few fancy pants degrees in photography – BA and an MFA.
- Photographic educator – I’ve taught college-level photo classes, among others.
- Have played in bands, remember obscure things, available for freelance assignments.
- Would like to hear from you.
EXTENDED DANCE MIX VERSION
I'm based in Baltimore, Md., but have driven through and visited 49/50 states – Hawaii is the last one needed for the complete set. And I’ve been to quite a few other countries as well.
For almost 25 years I've covered documentary and portraiture assignments for a variety of folks. That includes experience as a staff photographer at a few daily newspapers - such as the York (Pa.) Dispatch/ York Sunday News, Delmarva Newspapers and Landmark Community Newspapers - and as a freelancer for a number of publications, organizations, and other entities.
I’ve also served in the U.S. Army as a combat photographer.
Informed by the punk rock/ DIY approach, my work is rooted in rooted in the documentary/ photojournalism methodologies and makes use of simple, clean compositional elements intersecting with lines, light and moment.
The goal is to produce strong work that engages the viewer with a layered and nuanced visual narrative. In the end, it comes down to well-done visual storytelling.
Others have agreed and my work has garnered a few fancy pants awards and recognition.
I’m also a photographic educator – I hold a BA and an MFA, both in photography – and have taught photo classes at the University of Maryland, Miami University (it’s in Ohio, not Florida), and the Defense Information School.
I’ve played in several bands, have a knack for remembering obscure details about an array of subjects and am available for freelance assignments, long-term projects and can easily be talked into driving across the country in vehicles of questionable mechanical aptitude.
But also, I'd like to hear from you.
email@example.com | 410.440.0570
Made with Love in Baltimore